Associate Analyst, Seasonal
Change Research provides polling and strategy to organizations and campaigns that share our vision for a more humane, scientific, and just world. We innovate to solve critically important problems at the intersection of data, social science, politics, and technology. Our responsive and dynamic methodologies, integration of AI, and application of quantitative and qualitative research ensure that we are reaching representative samples across the country and allow us to hone in on particular populations for insightful feedback.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace, as well as the strengths that different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives bring to our team. We strongly encourage women, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ people, veterans, people living with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations to apply.
This is a full-time, remote, and temporary (through November 2024) position reporting to a Lead Analyst. In this role you will:
- Support the development of survey questionnaires, working closely with colleagues
- Program, test, and monitor surveys
- Assist with the production of deliverables, including crosstabs and toplines
- Assist with survey analysis and the preparation of presentations and reports
- Research and collect data on political districts, candidates, and issues
- Work on a variety of projects simultaneously
Change Research employs a fast-paced, scientific approach to polling, and you will have the opportunity to experience every aspect of the polling process. This is an ideal position for a recent college graduate or someone looking to enter the field of political social science, is well versed in technology, and wants to work hard in pursuit of a good cause.
In your work, you are:
- Extremely rigorous in your attention to data details and analytics
- Highly organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects moving forward at the same time
- Self-motivated and adept at working independently
- Able to quickly learn new programs and tools, and to understand and solve technology-based problems
- Able to explain data and numbers in plain English
On a team, you are:
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Calm and collected in the face of deadlines
- Able to communicate your ideas to peers and managers, and be receptive to feedback
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Able to work some evenings and weekends in support of critical client electoral polling
- Excited to be part of a kind and hard-working team committed to making a difference in our country’s future
You might have:
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and with juggling multiple projects
- At least one electoral cycle or year of experience in politics and/or be well versed in the language of data and campaign communications
- Comfort with tech tools, spreadsheets, programming, undergrad stats or a survey methods class
Compensation and Work Environment:
The monthly salary is $4,500, and includes these benefits:
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off, sick days, and company holidays
- Access to pre-tax 401K program
- Fully remote work environment
This is a temporary position ending December 1, 2024. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Click the “Apply” link below to submit a resume and to answer a few questions. If your resume is selected, the process includes:
- Preliminary phone or video interview: 15-30 min
- Video interview: approximately 30 minutes
- At-home exercise: no more than 1 hr 30 min
- Additional video interviews with manager: approximately 1 hr
- Reference checks: we may do reference checks earlier in the process
Our application deadline is February 16, 2024, and we will review applicants on a rolling basis. We are seeking to fill this position by March 1, 2024.
Change Research is committed to creating an accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Accommodation Request, or respond to our interview email with your request for a reasonable accommodation.