Digital Content Creator
We’re a civic-tech app and website looking for a digital content whiz who can take the day’s news and turn it into content people will want to click and comment on—regardless of their politics.
Think of your role as “meme-ifying” the news: taking an image and adding a quote, headline, or call to action (CTA).
Is a BLM demonstration being met with resistance? Are anti-maskers marching through Target? What’s in Biden’s climate-change proposal? What actionable hashtags are trending on Twitter?
But we also want a steady balance of unique human-interest stories:
Should female gymnasts wear full-length outfits to combat sexualization of the sport? Should Aunt Jemima change its branding? Did beavers cause an internet blackout? (Spoiler alert: They did).
- Post multiple links (20 posts daily goal) to social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Write unique copy to accompany each post
- Create polls, stories, etc. for Facebook
- Maximize post reach by encouraging fan engagement using best social media practices—hashtags, keywords, emojis
- Target certain Facebook posts based on location and interest
- Schedule content through social media tools (we have used Buffer but we mainly use FB Creator Studio)
- Research and identify new social media content trends & make recommendations to the team, as appropriate
- Repackage UGC (user-generated content) into shareable quotes, memes, articles
- Pitch unique piece ideas, then write accepted pieces in Causes style
- Experience developing and publishing content - including news - on digital and social platforms
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Playfulness, enthusiasm, and creativity
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work independently on tight deadlines
- Superior news judgment
- Impeccable copy-editing skills
- Ability to understand and adjust to editorial notes
- Overwhelming attention to detail
Freelancers interested in writing for us should send in a:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- Writing sample or links to previously published material
**NOTE: Please do not write any new material for us. We respect writers of every medium and want you compensated for any words you create for us.
We're looking forward to working with you