Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Gatheround is a series A startup that enables remote teams to elevate their culture through interactive, inclusive video meetings. We’re a favorite of teams at Gusto, Lyft, and Calendly, and are used by 11 of the 15 biggest US tech companies and dozens of the Fortune 500. More than a video meeting platform, Gatheround leverages the structure, content, and modular design of interactive activities to superpower the meetings that matter most. Learn more at gatheround.com.
About the Role
We are hiring our first Account Executive! We’re ready to move past founder-led sales to achieve ambitious revenue goals. As the first Account Executive at Gatheround, you will have the unique opportunity to shape our sales strategy and contribute directly to our company’s success.
You’ll report into the Head of Sales who reports directly to the CEO. Our team works remotely, but in this role, you will have to be available to work U.S.–friendly hours.
- Own sales leads end-to-end. You’ll directly manage everything to meet or exceed your sales targets: prospecting and qualifying, discovery, pitching, demoing, negotiation, and close. Along the way, you’ll keep accurate records of sales activities and customer interactions in Hubspot.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, marketing, and customer success. You’ll ensure seamless onboarding and transition to customer success, and provide valuable insights from the customer to inform product development.
- Continuously improve our sales process. You’ll be working off an existing sales playbook, but we want and expect you to experiment to improve it. Test and refine our process, pitch, pricing, collateral, and more.
- Build on your company culture expertise. In order to be an effective AE at Gatheround, you’ll stay current on industry trends, market changes, and competitor activities.
- 3-5 years of experience owning revenue goals in AE role (or similar)
- Proven track record in B2B sales, preferably at a technology SaaS company
- Prior experience in sales at an early stage startup; specifically experience as a first or very early AE a plus — and excitement to be in such a role is required
- Experience selling People/HR teams
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales tools
- Genuine passion for remote work, company culture, and employee productivity
- An approach to sales that’s both tenacious and high integrity; you can see the bigger picture of company strategy while driving towards your targets
What We Offer
- Compensation package includes salary, commission, and equity
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote-first work environment
We believe that the best teams are composed of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better able we are to challenge each other’s assumptions and grow as individuals and a company. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants and do not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by law.