Marketing and Sales Director
Goodstock & Co.
Goodstock & Co., a progressive merchandise and e-commerce platform is seeking an experienced Marketing and Sales Director to lead our clients growing online merchandise stores and fulfillment strategy. This position is responsible for managing Goodstock’s sales & growth strategy and execution. The position is fully remote, with some travel being required for large sales calls and leadership meetings up to once per quarter.
Candidates for this position will be able to think strategically, while also having the know-how and capability to set up systems and processes to manage outside sales and drive growth with current clients. They will be able to take high-level marketing & growth ideas, evaluate those ideas based on driving value to the company, and then execute and operationalize those ideas, while ensuring continuous iteration and improvement to optimize growth and build our client portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have experience with merchandise fulfillment and print production, added bonus if experience also includes political campaigns, political technology, digital sales, and fundraising. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with teammates based locally and around the country is expected. Strong interpersonal communication skills and a positive outlook are required for success in this position. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and want to build the tools to help our clients be successful. We expect our staff to constantly strive to meet or exceed these expectations, and have fun doing it. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or similar is preferred for this position. However, on-the-ground experience in similar roles will be weighted heavily in evaluating the right candidate.
Goodstock is a small start-up and therefore all team members will be cross-trained in one another’s roles and responsibilities. We work together as a team, so that everyone can pitch in in other roles and functions when required to meet our clients’ needs.
This is a permanent position Much like our campaign clients, our staff may need to put in irregular hours as needed. With that in mind, Goodstock actively strives to create an environment that empowers our staff to lead a balanced and healthy work life through flex hours, remote work opportunities, and programs for mental and physical wellness.
Salary range for this position is $55,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should apply online, here.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing front-line management of a small team of client-success managers towards sales and marketing growth goals
- Create integrated marketing campaign strategy aligned with our product offerings, audience personas, and business needs to drive engagement with our core customer base
- Create and manage customer acquisition and retention goals
- Build and handle quarterly plans that coordinate efforts across marketing, product, growth and sales to maximize the impact of marketing campaigns towards customer acquisition and growth goals
- Maintain campaign planning, implementation, and optimization across all marketing channels – website, email, social, events, paid etc. to deliver a combined customer experience that tells Goodstock’s story
- Develop segmented audiences, and design specific outreach, foster, and follow up plans for key segments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product development, production and leadership teams to design and implement thoughtful campaigns with targeted messaging, timelines, and channel distribution plan
- Partner with contract marketing associates to define campaign KPIs, analyze performance and continually improve how we deploy, track and measure campaign effectiveness
- Provide ongoing campaign reporting, pacing towards goals to stakeholders and share learnings with leadership team and investors
- Document processes for transparency and scale our campaign efforts as we expand into newer product lines and markets
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5 - 7 years of experience and proven track record in developing and guiding integrated campaigns - private business or political industry experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of paid and organic distribution channels and their effective use in marketing campaigns to drive results
- Collaboration-first mindset is a must including the knowledge of how to effectively engage and drive cross-functional teams to align and achieve shared objectives
- Be able to successfully balance competing priorities and handle intricate work streams with multiple stakeholders while consistently delivering results
- Be able to frame insights and communicate recommendations simply and effectively
- Strong analytical skills and track record of measuring and enhancing marketing programs
- Experience in marketing automation and measurement, specifically in measuring the impact of marketing channels and campaign reporting.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills
- Impeccable eye for detail
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Someone who thinks from an end-user perspective and is interested in growing their skills of contributing to the build of software as a service company.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - including being thoughtful about bringing on any contractors to assist with marketing work.
Benefits and other details
To ensure a healthy and happy workplace, Goodstock provides a benefits package with several healthcare options, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with employer match, cell phone stipend, 100% paid Life Insurance policy, remote work opportunities, free gym access (depending on location), and flexible paid time off.
Goodstock strives to create a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, differently-abled individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.