Survey 160 seeks a full-time survey manager to manage data collection projects. Survey 160 is a research company that builds and uses proprietary software to conduct live interviewer SMS and text-to-web surveys on elections, public policy, and other topics.
This survey manager will work with the Chief Research Officer and Director of Survey Operations to conduct quantitative research both in support of client projects and company-wide services, clean/sort/maintain survey data, and assist with ongoing client operations with respect to data collection using our proprietary software. Through this work, you will help Survey 160 achieve its mission of providing accurate and actionable public opinion research at affordable costs.
The survey manager role is fully remote and can be based anywhere, conditional on being authorized to work in the United States. For this role, we are looking for someone willing to work Eastern time hours or earlier. This is a permanent role as we seek to grow our team.
This position is ideal for candidates with 1-2 years experience at a survey firm, or recent college graduates with experience working with university survey research centers. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about survey research, methodological innovation and advancing progressive values.
- 1-2 years of experience in programming surveys, performing quality control checks, and/or managing projects for clients.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, especially in writing appropriate to be delivered to a client.
- Demonstrated fluency with R or Stata for cleaning and analyzing data; proven ability to debug own code and code of others.
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Ability to work well with remote colleagues.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking & communication skills.
- Highest degree of integrity, specifically with respect to access to sensitive client information/data.
- Demonstrated interest in advancing progressive values.
- Prior academic or industry experience with survey design and/or survey data analysis, especially including list-based sampling, weighting, and preparation of toplines and crosstabs.
- Ability to creatively contribute to internal research to develop best practices for live SMS and text-to-web surveys.
Survey 160 is a fully remote company, though all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to virtually meet with other team members during US time zone working hours. Willingness to work Eastern Time hours, or earlier, is preferred for this role.
The salary range is between $55,000 and $70,000, depending on experience.
For information about the position or to apply, contact Kevin Collins at kcollins[at]survey160[dot]com.
Are you a great problem solver who takes pride in your work and in making a difference? This is a chance to gain experience building for scale and seeing impactful work in production. Please apply! Candidates of color, women and non-binary candidates, and LGBTQ candidates are especially encouraged. Survey 160 recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Survey 160 celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.