2024 Marketing Fellowship
BallotReady is searching for a Marketing Fellow to lead top of funnel sales growth—and, as a result, join our team in working to mobilize voters and constituents to take action at every level of government.
Who We Are
BallotReady is an award-winning startup working to help every voter in America cast an informed vote on every race, every election. We create digital nonpartisan voter guides and build tools to help advocacy groups and campaigns inform and mobilize voters and constituents, powered by the most comprehensive database on every level of government.
We’ve worked with organizations such as Snapchat, Tiktok, Spotify, and the Miami Heat to inform and turn out over 35 million voters. Now, we’re focused on innovative methods for empowering communities to hold elected officials accountable and take effective action year-round.
What You’ll Do
The Marketing Fellow, who can be based anywhere in the U.S. and will report to the Growth Manager, is responsible for the following:
- Developing strategy around customer profiles and outreach, including identifying target audiences, building strategic pitches, and creating an outreach timeline
- Managing prospecting projects for information on potential BallotReady customers
- Leading initial outreach to prospects by crafting cold emails and other materials to engage potential customers
Who You Are
To succeed in this job, you must excel at:
- Tenacity: Fellows will need to be determined and consistent with outbound outreach to meet weekly demo goals, and bring a hustle mentality to their work.
- Creativity: Crafting sales pitches, drafting cold emails, and generating new verticals will require regular creative thinking.
- Writing/Content Marketing: Strong writing skills and a knowledge of marketing language and strategy.
A few items that are pluses, but not requirements for the job: Proficiency with Hubspot, Mailchimp, Squarespace, Google Sheets.
If you were here today, you’d be:
- Generating a list of leads for new target vertical
- Sending a cold email campaign to a list of prospects
- Scheduling exciting new demos for BallotReady!
What Else You Should Know
At BallotReady, we’re strong believers in flexibility in exchange for responsibility. We hire exceptional people who are excited about our mission, and give them the freedom and leadership to act in support of constituents first. Our work is driven by our core values, which we encourage interested applicants to explore.
BallotReady is an equal opportunity employer and we value having staff who reflect the diversity of all constituents and voters. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply for this role. We know that the more we live out our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive team, the better our work will be.
Expected Term & Rate of Pay: This position is expected to begin December 2023 and run through, at a minimum, December 2024. The annual salary for this role is $50,000.*
*please note that BallotReady does not negotiate salary as part of our commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Benefits: Monthly remote work stipend (for use towards home internet costs, coworking space access, home office furniture, etc.), healthcare, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k platform, FSA, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (we are 100% remote)
Hours: We are completely remote, and, as a result, flexible on work hours. We do generally expect employees to be accessible during “BallotReady Standard Time”, which is 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. CT Monday through Friday.